SMC takes a big step forward!
PVRC: 857,723,502 points
NCCC: 724,265,230 points
SMC: 637,072,294 points
11/11/2014 – It has been noted that SMC has the highest club member participation. We came from behind and moved to second place in the summer competition. Notice we still had the lowest point scores but won with member participation.
10/13/2014 – SMC competes in the ARRL November Sweepstakes club competition in the “Unlimited” club category (see http://www.arrl.org/sweepstakes). To be competitive, we need to have as many members as possible operate, in both the CW and phone events, and then submit their logs, regardless of score. As a way to boost activity, SMC will have its own intraclub competition, the 2014 Sweepstakes Sweepstakes, for which all SMC members will be divided into 5 geographic teams. Which team will win? Logs with big scores will boost your team’s score but the team with the most logs submitted will be hard to beat. You can see the rules for our Sweepstakes Sweepstakes, including team assignments, at: The SMC Sweepstakes Sweepstakes Rules .
Thanks to Tim, K9WX for doing all of the work on this with feedback from our membership.
10/2/2014 – We just completed a Skype meeting of the directors of the SMC. The board has endorsed encouraging our members to get into Sweepstakes.
An SMC coffee cup will be awarded to each of the following:
- First time Phone entrant over 100 QSOs
- First time CW entrant over 100 QSOs
- First time Phone and CW entrant over 200 QSOs combined (not a duplicate winner from CW or Phone awards)
- Highest score of anyone under age 20
- Highest score of anyone between 20 and 30 years
- Highest HP score for wires only CW and SSB (2 awards or one if same person)
- Highest LP score for wires only CW and SSB (2 awards or one if same person)
- Wires are defined as single element antennas including vertical with radials.
- Best score by a 2014 new member over 100 QSOs